Are you craving an adventure? Looking to immerse yourself in a vibrant culture and explore breathtaking landscapes? Look no further than Ghana! Located on the west coast of Africa, Ghana offers a diverse range of experiences for travellers seeking something extraordinary. From its rich history to its stunning natural beauty.
Ghana has a diverse cultural heritage, with various tribes and languages contributing to its
vibrant traditions and customs. The country is also known for its festivals, music, dance, and art events throughout the year which attract an international audience. Additionally, Ghana has a diverse landscape, including coastal areas, savannahs, and rainforests, making it a visually stunning country.
Ghana offers a plethora of experiences for travellers seeking adventure, cultural immersion, and natural beauty. From exploring historic landmarks to indulging in mouthwatering cuisine, this vibrant country has something for everyone.
For the beach lovers, head to the coastal regions of Ghana and bask in the pristine shores of Busua, Kokrobite, or Cape Three Points. These idyllic beaches offer the perfect opportunity to relax, swim, and soak up the sun.
Ghana offers a range of accommodation from guest houses to branded hotels. So, pack your bags, grab your passport, and get ready for an unforgettable journey through the heart of West Africa.
Things to do in Ghana
- History – Ghana is steeped in history, with its roots tracing back to ancient civilizations. Explore the historic coastal forts and castles that played a significant role in the transatlantic slave trade, such as Cape Coast Castle and Elmina Castle. These UNESCO World Heritage sites offer a haunting reminder of Ghana’s past while providing a deeper understanding of the nation’s resilience. Modern-day Ghana gained its independence on March 6, 1957, and it primarily consists of the former Gold Coast. The movement for independence was spearheaded by Kwame Nkrumah, a prominent nationalist and Pan-African leader.
- Festivals – Immerse yourself in Ghanaian culture by attending vibrant festivals like the Homowo festival in Accra or the Bakatue festival in Cape Coast. Witness the colorful displays of traditional dances, music, and clothing, allowing you to fully embrace the local traditions and customs.
- Natural Wonders– Ghana boasts a diverse range of natural wonders that will leave you in awe. Discover the serene beauty of Kakum National Park, home to a lush rainforest canopy walkway. Embark on an exhilarating walk above the towering trees, giving you breathtaking views and a chance to spot native wildlife.
- Adventure – Embark on a thrilling safari expedition in Mole National Park, where you can spot elephants, lions, antelopes, and a variety of bird species. Join a guided hiking tour to explore the scenic landscapes of the Volta Region, including the mesmerizing Wli Waterfalls, the highest waterfall in West Africa. Or for or a unique adventure, visit the remote village of Nzulezo, built entirely on stilts above Lake Tadane. Reach the village by canoe and experience the rich culture and tranquillity of this hidden gem.
- Delicious Cuisine – No trip to Ghana is complete without indulging in its mouthwatering cuisine. Sample the traditional dish, fufu, accompanied by a variety of delicious soups and stews. Savor the flavours of jollof rice, grilled tilapia, and kelewele, a spicy plantain snack. Don’t forget to try refreshing drinks like palm wine and sobolo, a hibiscus-infused herbal drink.
Start your journey here…
Kindly leave your details below, a member of our team will contact you to discuss your travel options.